[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.0 is out

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Aug 11 08:40:49 PDT 2013

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> Uhm, I wouldn't expect removal of platform.h either, as that file is
> included by many other include files ! Worth a ticket.

I think I should wait until there's a correct release tarball.

>> I just noticed there is a new 3.4.0 tarball with a different hash.  It
>> seems 3 people spoke up about that issue, including the person who deals
>> with openSUSE packages, and opinion was unanimous about not having two
>> different distfiles with the same name.
>
> Eh, sorry about that. I guess the only option now is consider 3.4.0 a broken
> one and try to ship a sane 3.4.1 this Friday...

Thanks - but I'm not sure why you say Friday - isn't it as simple as

  add NEWS that
    3.4.1 has no intended changes
    3.4.0 tarball was broken and is withdrawn

  bump version

  rerun make dist?

  (consider in terms of official release approval process that this is
  just 3.4.0.1 and doesn't need revoting)