[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.1 is out

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Aug 19 01:45:27 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 09:00:43PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Here are the differences in installed files from 3.2.8 to 3.4.1.  There
> are a lot of new 'linearref' and 'triangulate', and a few other changes,
> but the things that do not make sense to me (from reading the NEWS) are:
>
>   many algorihm/*.h withdrawn

Many files were erroneously installed in algorithm/ when they belong
to linearref/ instead. So, expected.

>   geos/platform.h withdrawn

This is unexpected. We discussed this at 3.4.0 release time and was
considered a packaging bug, wasn't it ? If it's still in 3.4.1 we need
a 3.4.2 ASAP to fix it. Maybe it takes a BLOCKER ticket to be considered
by the packager :-/

>   new empty directory /usr/pkg/lib/geos

I've no idea about this one.