[geos-devel] 3.4.1, stray patch from pkgsrc

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Aug 19 01:50:20 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 09:09:31PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> pkgsrc is carrying the following patch.  It strikes me that probably
> there should be a configure-time feature test instead.

Indeed configure is already checking for isnan, but the block
you see, full of OS checks, is run when HAVE_ISNAN is undefined.
The correct fix would indeed be with defining a possibly different
macro for HAVE_STD_ISNAN or fix the configure test to use full
qualification when trying.

I'll love to see that ugly block in platform.h removed, but I'm afraid
we don't have a large enough set of builders to catch a bug as soon
as it is introduced. If you have a patch for configure that fixes the
*BSD case I'm happy to apply it.