[geos-devel] troubles with gPolygonize

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Feb 13 12:33:25 PST 2013

Thanks for reporting back. I don't think you mean "crash" in the R sense
(error exit from the R interpreter); if the first argument to gPolygonize()
is not a list of SpatialLines objects - in your case it is:

> table(sapply(LS, class))

SpatialLines
          15

but a SpatialLines object, the function returns NULL if it cannot be made
into a polygon. There are no WKT objects involved, as readWKT() returns a
Spatial* object with its specific class determined by the type of the WKT
string.

Roger

Masucci, A wrote

-----