[geos-devel] GEOS C api and C++ api

Tereza Fiedlerová tfiedlerova at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 01:37:56 PDT 2013

Hello,

I has written a library in C++ which uses GEOS C++ api (I know, that C
api is recommended, but there is not enough functionality for me). Now
I want to make it work with QGIS or GRASS GIS, but they use C api of
GEOS. Is there any way, how to make it compatible?

The point is, that I need to take GEOSGeometry from QGIS or GRASS and
use it in my library as geos::geom::Geometry. But it is not possible
to convert easily between these two formats. I thought, that I could
write C api for my library which would be helpful. But now, I just
realized, that there will be still the same problem.

Does anybody have any idea, how to solve my problem? Is it possible to
do it somehow?

Thanks,

Tereza Fiedlerová