[geos-devel] Question about std::cerr in EdgeRing::getRingInternal() and polygonizing

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 22:37:05 PDT 2013

In polygonizing OSM data, I'm seeing a lot of this in my stderr:

  EdgeRing::getRingInternal: IllegalArgumentException: Invalid number of
points in LinearRing found 3 - must be 0 or >= 4

It's coming from:

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/browser/trunk/src/operation/polygonize/EdgeRing.cpp#L228

Do these caught exceptions correspond to members of the invalid ring list
of the Polygonizer? In my case, polygonize_full shows me 1395 invalid rings
and there are 676 error messages, so it seems possible. Related: should the
output be restricted to debugging mode?

Thanks,

--
Sean Gillies