[geos-devel] Using the C API

Richard Frith-Macdonald richard at tiptree.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 11:28:31 PDT 2013

On 15 Mar 2013, at 18:11, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 05:10:24PM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>>
>> On 15 Mar 2013, at 10:32, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>>
>>> A patch to expose GEOSNearestPoints in the C-API will be welcome
>>> for the 3.4.0 version. Please don't forget unit tests.
>>
>> OK ... here's a patch against the code in svn (assuming the mailing list allows it).
>
> Thanks. Committed as r3792.
> I had to move the test to the proper place, add to the Makefile.am,
> and add a missing include to the geos_ts_c.cpp file.

Sorry about that ... I originally worked with 3.3.7 and then 'ported' by hand to svn.  I couldn't actually test that I'd got it right in svn since I'd need to run automeake there, and my machines use an older version than the one you are using to make releases (I guess I could build/installe the latest automake/autoconf, but that might mess up other software I work with).

> No other change needed. Good work :)
>
> Want to expose to the binding too since you're at it ?

I don't know what you mean by that.  If you are talking about something to do with C++ I'm probably not much good for it ... I gave up programming in C++ in 1995 (about the time templates were being added to the language in gcc) and it's really unfamiliar/slow for me to use it now.