[geos-devel] help compiling windows library

Riccardo Cohen r.cohen at realty-property.com
Thu Nov 21 09:35:06 PST 2013

Hello
I try to compile Geos on windows 7 with nmake (I have visual studio 2010)
I did the following :
- download   geos-3.4.2.tar.bz2  package from http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/
- unzip
- run following command :

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
J:
cd \develtry\geos\geos-3.4.2
nmake /f makefile.vc MSVC_VER=1600

I have the following error at the very end of the compile process :

if exist geos.lib del geos.lib
Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : code retour '0x1'
Stop.
cd ..

(means the specified path was not found)

I cannot say why there is this error, at what line of the makefile, and
how to solve this.

I tried to download the yesterday snapshot and had exactly the same error.
I tried to add /I to avoid stopping at error but the library is still
not linked.

Thanks for your help.

--
Riccardo Cohen