[geos-devel] build/test report on NetBSD/sparc

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 23 06:47:26 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 08:08:26AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I did build geos 3.4.2 on NetBSD 4-stable sparc (a Classic with 24 MB of
> ram, a box that's at least 15 years old).  It built ok, taking a few
> days.

Wow, thanks for testing ! :)

> Tests failed with
>
> Making check in xmltester
> /usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
> [1]   Killed                  ./XMLTester -v -...
> FAIL: testrunner
>
> which I think is because more memory is needed than my combined RAM and
> swap.
>
> I didn't see any warnings that looked sparc-specific.

Great. If you want to find the actual culprit you'll see
that testrunner is a shell script calling XMLTester with a long
argument list. Maybe you could reduce the list to find the offending
test and remove it ?

Also, did the tests under test/unit all succeed ?

> This is meant as a positive report; I suspect geos hasn't been compiled
> on this CPU in a long time.

Probably. Would you be interested in setting that machine up as a build
slave for geos, shall the osgeo buildbot ever get back up ?
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1214