[geos-devel] Create project in visual studio 2008

Sergey Kolosov sergey.kolosof at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 23:13:45 PDT 2014

I've also failed to get geos.lib working in my project. I downloaded
version 3.4.2 via SVN and built it with NMAKE. Then i included geos.lib in
my project, added paths and tried to run this code:

    initGEOS(NULL, NULL);
    char* wktPoint = "POINT(10 10)";
    GEOSGeometry* point = GEOSGeomFromWKT(wktPoint);

Here GEOSGeomFromWKT threw exception "A buffer overrun has occurred...".
I'm using NMAKE from Visual Studio 2008 Express, Windows 7 x64.