[geos-devel] [GEOS] #699: Optimize Geometry->Intersection with rectangular argument

Mika Heiskanen mika.heiskanen at fmi.fi
Fri Aug 29 07:17:57 PDT 2014

On 08/27/2014 11:09 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> I'm very interested in your code and willing to help with integration.
>
> I guess this could be a RectangleIntersection class under a new
> geos::operation::intersection namespace, eventually further wrapped
> by a generic IntersectionOp using RectangleIntersection when an input
> is a rectangle or the generic OverlayOp in other cases.
> Then Geometry::intersection would be using that specialized class.
>
> Please let me know how I can help with this.

I will try to port the code to the class and namespace you mentioned.
There will be some helper classes too. I will also see if I can
integrate the tests we have with your existing system. Integration with
IntersectionOp etc is not what I am comfortable with, as I know too
little of existing GEOS code.

Regards,

Mika