[geos-devel] Exposing Precision model through C-API

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 10:15:18 PST 2014

Hi Sandro,

My Shapely project would benefit from this feature and I've written up its
requirements here: https://github.com/Toblerity/Shapely/issues/110.
Briefly, I'd like to be able to pass a precision model reference into
initGEOS and create an appropriate geometry factory in the GEOS context.
And I'd like to be able to switch between precision models within a Python
program, so not adding any new state outside of the context struct would be
my preference.

Once a wiki page is created, I'll be happy to copy my requirements there.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 05:25:17PM +0530, Anubhav Jaiswal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wanted to know whether GEOS is applying for GSoC'14 under OSGeo. If
> > yes, will this(exposing precision model) be a sufficient task or are
> there
> > any other project ideas for GSoC.
>
> I'm available for mentoring such a project, which I find sufficient.
>
> There might be some GSoC ideas wiki page but I don't know right away.
> For sure I can tell you that this exposure would be enough to cut up
> the next GEOS minor release (3.5.0), given current development speed...
>
> --strk;

Sean Gillies