[geos-devel] GEOSDiffernce vs GEOSIntersection complexity?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:08:04 PDT 2014

I'm trying to understand why the two tools in QGIS using the respective
functions have so much differnce in execution times.

I've made the two tools as similar as possible, to have the GEOS calls as
the only difference. The execution time differs of a copule of magnitude of
orders. I wonder if the two overlay operations, on the GEOS side, are so
differnt to justify such a difference on the execution time. At first sight
they appeared to be similar from the point of view of the geometrical
operations involved in the computation, aren't they?

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri