[geos-devel] Geometry/Rectangle Intersection: duplicated points removal

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Sep 16 03:35:16 PDT 2014

So right now the only failing test in geos_unit, when enabling the
rectangle-optimized intersection code, is VoronoiDiagramBuilder not
matching the expected result.

The difference is with Rectangle-based intersection NOT removing
duplicated points from the input, whereas it looks like
QuadEdgeSubdivision::getVoronoiDiagram returns polygons with such
duplicated vertices.

The test checks for exact WKT and thus fail, finding the duplicated
point.

All overlay-based operations supposedly return lines with no duplicated
vertices, although short-circuits could return the input untouched and
thus let them in. I'm not sure if we should ensure outputs are normalized
or not to this extent.

What do you think, Martin ? See also the other discussion about normalize
and duplicated vertices here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/jts-topo-suite/mailman/message/32833678/

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt