[geos-devel] branch vs trunk

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Jun 18 14:39:08 PDT 2015

Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> writes:

> On second thought, I decided to go with the stable branch (/3.4).
>
> Sorry for the noise.

It was actually a really good question.   My opinion (I maintain the
pkgsrc entry) is that you should only package releases, which sounds
like your standard practice too.  But 3.5-to-be is starting to get used
as an almost-dependency by postgis, and I expect pressure from that to
lead to a 3.5 release within the next half year.   (I'm not involved;
that's just a guess as a packager/lurker.)