[geos-devel] Object Destruction

thilo.fischer at ksti.de thilo.fischer at ksti.de
Fri Oct 30 02:47:57 PDT 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 10:10, <geos-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf
of mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/325
>> [...]
>> Is it that a destroy function for CoordinateSequence is missing in GEOS
>> (is it a bug?),
>
>I'd say, Sandro's comment explains the reason:
>
>"In JTS GeometryFactory? is a class while CoordinateSequenceFactory?
>is an interface. In JTS neither GeometryFactory? nor
>CoordinateSequenceFactory? have a destroy function."

I must confess: I don't fully understand this part of Sandro's comment. In
JTS, we have Garbage Collection and thus no need for destruction
functions, isn't it? Thus, it is a completely different story in JTS and
GEOS IMHO. Why would it matter whether the one or the other thing is a
class or an interface on JTS side?

Thanks, best regards,

Thilo Fischer