[geos-devel] Can't get the Quadtree to be deeper than 2.

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Feb 9 23:45:32 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 12:59:53PM +0100, Ander Pijoan wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am using a Quadtree for indexing some geometries and it only gets depth =
> 2 maximum no matter how many geometries I insert.
>
> Could this be due to using Lat/Lon coordinates and the QuadTree's minExtent
> = 1.0 private attribute? Envelopes for Lat/Lon geometries are always
> smaller than 1.

>From whwat I can see QuadTree::minExtent is updated on every new
insertion if the height or width of the inserted item's envelope
is less than the initial value (1.0).

Maybe you can provide a unit test as I see it's missing for
QuadTree ? See the tests/unit/index/quadtree/ directory.

Porting the unit test from JTS would be great:
https://github.com/dr-jts/jts/blob/master/modules/core/src/test/java/org/locationtech/jts/index/QuadtreeTest.java