[geos-devel] Extraction of PHP extension into PECL-style package

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jan 20 01:48:05 PST 2016

G'day Dark Panda !

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:58:48PM -0500, J Smith wrote:

> I have pushed an initial version of the extension to Github at
> https://github.com/dark-panda/php-geos-native for review. If given the
> blessing, I can start the process of hopefully getting it included
> into PECL, or at least leave it on Github so that it can be installed
> via Pickle, which appears to be a Composer-like package manager for
> native PHP extensions.

I'm happy with both decoupling the PHP bindings from core and
publishing into PECL.

And I'm also ok with the code being on github (maybe under "libgeos"
organization), althought if I'd prefer the "official" source of GEOS
to be hosted by OSGeo infrastructure (not ready yet to do git).

Does "Pickle" need "GitHub" specifically or could it fetch code
from any git (or SVN) repository ?