[geos-devel] PHP binding repository relocation

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:12:10 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 4:05 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 07:42:20PM -0300, J Smith wrote:
>
>> The current work is available at
>> https://github.com/dark-panda/php-geos-native/tree/php7 and I can push
>> it up to the new repo once I've been added to the committers team.
>
> I've added you to the team, and wrote some more info in the php7 issue:
> https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/php-geos/issues/1#issuecomment-159

G'day Sandro.

Just had a chance to look at this now (on vacation for the next week)
and it looks pretty good. A few things I've noticed on my system in
particular (OSX 10.11.5, using MacPorts for PHP and GEOS and whatnot).

* https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/php-geos/commit/eb2341878f73a6bd042322d8e00ac47c322ab5bb
appears to break on my system, as configure doesn't add the
/opt/local/lib that MacPorts uses to the LDFLAGS.

* the PR in https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/geos/php-geos/pulls/7 also
affects OSX, and the PR fixes the segfaults as advertised.

Looks very good overall based on my initial testing. Will have a
chance to try out on some more serious workloads next week.

Cheers