[geos-devel] GeometryFilter vs GeometryComponentFilter on GeometryCollection

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Mar 5 15:27:11 PST 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 15:44, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 02:02:22PM +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>
>> Is this intentional that both filters pass the root geometry
>> (containing GeometryCollection or Multi*)
>> itself to apply_rw and apply_ro?
>
> I'd think the component filter should pass components, rather
> than the root, but might be missing something. Did you check if
> the class is used at all in the current codebase?

No, I simply implemented my own filters and compared the result.
I have just added new tests based on those filters
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/changeset/4162

I included TODO comment wherever results are unclear to me.
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/changeset/4162
I'll appreciate help in the actual vs expected results verification.

> Are there unit tests in JTS covering those classes ?

I have checked JTS current master [1] and I don't see any
tests for any of the filters.

[1] https://github.com/dr-jts/jts

Best regards,