[geos-devel] Extraction of PHP extension into PECL-style package

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 16:50:20 PST 2016

G'day list. Just a quick update on the PHP GEOS extension.

- Added in some TSRMLS calls that I noticed were missing.

- Moved the tests from PHPUnit-style tests to .phpt style tests as per
the usual PECL extension layout so that they'd have no dependencies on
PHPUnit. I created a small PHPUnit-like compatibility class so the
tests themselves are pretty much 99% directly copied over with a few
exceptions for dealing with some PHPUnit-specific stuff like some
comment annotations that determine test behaviour and the like. The
tests for the most part remain untouched, but are more suited to the
PECL Way of writing test.

- Add the `make check` Makefile target that Sandro was looking for.

That's all for now. I'll see if I can start the PECL process and get
this thing available through those channels.

Cheers