[geos-devel] Extraction of PHP extension into PECL-style package

J Smith dark.panda+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:48:46 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> Also, the "make check" run ends with prompting me, which is really
> annoying. The prompt asks if I want to send the report to the PHP QA
> team. Really ? Should we send successful test run reports for a single
> package to "the PHP QA team" ?? I wouldn't want to be in that team :)

Yeah, that's annoying. All part of the standard test suite for PECL
extensions. :/

How about this...

- I'll make the tests spit out more output on success so we know
things are working fine. Likewise when there's a problem, it'll be
more obvious what failed.

- I'll see what I can do about `make check`, have it not prompt
anything. I'll leave `make test` as-is because that's the standard
PECL testing command and there might be some dependencies on it
behaving that way, but `make check` shouldn't have any similar
dependencies since it's an OSGEO-thing I assume, right?

On another note, I'll be looking into PHP7 compatibility. I took an
initial look about a month ago, doesn't look too bad, but it'll take
it some time I figure.

Cheers