[geos-devel] Dropping "trunk" from SVN, continuing under GIT

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Oct 26 15:33:09 PDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 05:22:44PM -0400, Daniel Baston wrote:
> It seems like it could complicate the workflow when backporting a
> commit to an earlier release branch.  Is it difficult to migrate the
> SVN branches into git ? (I have no idea).

The difficulty in moving to GIT is exactly the same
(none, already done).

The only thing that would change by having the official code in GIT
is we'll need a different way to generate geos_svn_revision.h and
a different way to generate the ChangeLog (a ticket exists for the
latter).

You might be right that moving all at once might be simpler.
Want to help with the geos_svn_revision.h part ?
I guess we could use `git describe --always` as the revision.