[geos-devel] Dropping "trunk" from SVN, continuing under GIT

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 27 00:32:27 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 07:27:54AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 10/26/2016 11:28 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > As per recent motion to move from SVN to GIT, I'd delete
> > the "trunk" branch from SVN and continue under GIT for
> > the upcoming 3.7.0 release.
> >
> > Older branches could keep in SVN for now.
> >
> > Do you see any problem with this approach ?
>
> I don't see a problem with that, other than it might be a little
> confusing not having moved all development to git.

Yup, I'm thinking indeed such a partial move may really make no sense.

> Presumably gogs is now the official repository for development?

Not completely. Gogs will serve the code, but the trac instance would
still be used for issues and wiki. Trac is already tracking the Gogs-served
git repository.
Example:
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/changeset/1ab32f4c2ffce7296975c08604ba6b66b3036d19/git

I've been writing a tool to migrate tickets and attachments from trac
to Gogs, but doesn't do wiki yet. See:
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/strk/trac2gogs

> The various wiki pages still list it as a mirror, as does the repository
> itself. Can that be updated?
>
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/CodeRepository
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/CodeMirrors
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/OSGeoGit