[geos-devel] RFC 5: C++11 Compilation Mode

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 1 10:06:52 PDT 2017

On 04/01/2017 06:44 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 06:25:09PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> I'd rather wait for more votes than two.
>> If no more votes arrive, I'll mark the RFC 5 as referred or withdrawn.
>
> You might have noticed that PSC has not been very active, lately, so
> I would not wait for those votes to arrive.
>
> It's good to keep it open for more comments but I see no reason to
> withdraw the proposal.

I guess my two cents are requested because of the explicit CC.

>From the Debian package POV there should be no issue in Debian for GEOS
>= 3.6, that will only be available in buster (the stable release after
the upcoming stretch release).

The compiler requirements may be an issue for OSGeo-Live and/or
UbuntuGIS, the toolchain in Ubuntu xenial as used by OSGeo-Live should
be recent enough but I haven't verified this. If that's the case it may
just block UbuntuGIS builds for the older LTS releases (i.e. trusty).
Older Ubuntu LTS releases shouldn't be considered a blocker, those users
are encouraged to upgrade to the latest LTS if they need a newer GEOS.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1