[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Apr 4 13:38:57 PDT 2017

On 4 April 2017 at 22:19, Daniel Baston <dbaston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not a PSC member, but I have done a bit of recent porting from JTS.
>
> I would also prefer hosting with GitHub.
>
> Especially lately, it is difficult to create an OSGeo account and I think
> this may discourage participation.

Indeed.

Alternatives like gogs/gitea are either close-to-inactive very young projects.
Feature-wise, as long as GitHub is there, it is no-brainer choice for an OSS.
IMHO, reasonable alternative is GitLab, seems it didn't catch much
appreciation in OSGeo due to, AFAIU, its not-so-kosher open core model.

Best regards,