[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Apr 5 00:54:18 PDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 05:58:44PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> So that said, if strk is willing to support Gogs, I'm still a + 1 for Gogs, and just mirror to GitHub similar to what PostgreSQL group does.
> That will also satisfy some purists who don't want to use GitHub.

We already have mirrors both on github.com and gitlab.com, this should
be enough to not keep away any contributor (and indeed we do are merging
pull requests opened on those infrastructure).

I'm willing to support Gogs (and probbaly Gitea in the future, which
is quickly advancing feature and stability wise).

> If Gogs fails I think it's more trivial of an exercise to migrate to
> GitHub than the other way around.

Or to GitLab (one of the GitLab Inc. engeneers is part of the Gitea
development team...).