[geos-devel] github.com/libgeos vs github.com/OSGeo ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Apr 5 08:58:56 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 05:39:06PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> What is the benefit of having own GitHub organization?

I don't really see any.

> In the spirit of community re-integration, wouldn't it be better to merge
> into github.com/OSGeo/GEOS ?

As long as my github user can still force-push to the `geos` and `php-geos`
repositories I don't have a problem with that, other than the effort of
updating all the remotes (can github do this by itself?) and the wiki page
(can github keep a redirect?).

If you can do all of the above transparently, please go ahead.

Note that for its nature, the mirror repository needs to have issues
and ideally wiki off (not sure this is possible, on github).