[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Apr 7 02:41:55 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 05:17:04PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> How many people in OSGeo community even know about such an offer?

It was offered on the SAC list to give SAC members priority on taking
the offer (due to the voluntary service they gave to OSGeo already).

Given the lack of response (it was proposed 2 times and both times I
was the only candidate) next time it could be *also* offered on the
wider osgeo-discuss list.

Note that even sending out the call-for-interest requires an effort,
and I also happened to have taken that effort for those 2 cases.
If you want to lead the next call, I'm really looking forward to it
because there are some critical things that would be great to see
addressed (like making the Wiki use the LDAP accounts rather than
having its own users database, completing the last infrastructure
transition etc.)

> That said I only work for free on projects I contribute to and/or am
> emotionally attached to.  If it helps OSGeo that's good.
> If I'm getting paid for it to ensure it helps OSGeo, then I'd happily do it.

I suggest you join the SAC mailing list and state your interest in
the activities. I'd really love to see the SAC team grow !