[geos-devel] Optimization

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:30:04 PDT 2017

Amanda,

You can take a look at GDAL if you want to see an example of what a
different project has done, you can take a look at:

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/alg/gdalwarpkernel.cpp

Search for USE_SSE and _mm.  Being that this is open source, this typically
boils down to:

1. Someone has the time / $ to implement it including tests
2. The project is willing to accept the contribution and the overhead it
may add to the project

There are a good number of issues hidden in #2.

http://schwehr.org