[geos-devel] Segmentation fault when using intersect with multithreading

Fardet Tanguy fardet.tanguy at laposte.net
Sat Nov 11 19:30:06 PST 2017

Dear GEOS developers,

I would like to know what is the proper way to initialize and use GEOS
with OpenMP.
Indeed, I am encountering a segfault problem when using GEOS with
multithreading enabled.

I first tried to ask people on SO because I am not 100% sure this issue
is directly linked with GEOS (see post:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47182166/segfault-when-testing-the-intersection-with-geos-in-parallel)
but making sure that I am indeed using GEOS properly is crucial anyway.

Basically, what I need to do is test the intersection between one common
object (the environment) and some thread-specific segments. You can find
some details and code on the SO post
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47182166/segfault-when-testing-the-intersection-with-geos-in-parallel>.

Thanks in advance,
best regards.