[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0 release in 2 weeks

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 1 08:31:47 PDT 2017

Just confirmed with Sandro.  Just two functions added and a lot of bug fixes that were also present in 3.6.0 and 3.5.1.
He needs to make another change so I'm going to wait another week before releasing a beta or RC.

Now for GEOS 3.8 I think we'll probably want an alpha since I think Mateusz wants to do some major refactoring and up the required GCC to 4.8.

We might want to even consider calling the next version GEOS 4.0  just for that.

Mat -- thoughts?

Thanks,
Regina