[geos-devel] Refactoring CoordinateSequence

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Aug 31 05:57:48 PDT 2018

> GEOS' raison d'etre is a native port of JTS, so a "divorce" doesn't seem fruitful to me.
> JTS is recently seeing quite a bit of new development, and it's more challenging to share improvements if the codebases diverge.
> I don't think a line-by-line port is desirable, and we should take advantage of niceties like STL algorithms where we can, but keeping the classes and methods similar seems reasonable.

> Dan

I would agree mostly.  Let's not keep line by line, but try to keep at least with same methods where it makes sense.
I would also like to add, that if devs in GEOS have new algorithm ideas (or fixes) not yet implemented in JTS, I would hate for us to wait to have them implemented in JTS before we can do anything about them.

The sentiment - "Let's wait till JTS fixes it or Let's wait till JTS implements it", annoys me.

Thanks,
Regina