[geos-devel] PSC Vote Add Vicky Vergara as GEOS committer

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Sun Jul 22 14:13:27 PDT 2018

Hello all

I have read the RFC2 carefully, which still talks about svn but I imagine
the same stuff applies to gitea or whatever comes out in the far future.
(not that I will be pushing directly to the geos project)

I feel honored to be a committer, (and Daniel is giving me the thumbs up),
of course I accept.

As Regina mentioned, I have plans, and this week end I started "playing"
with geos.
play = have fun experimenting with code improvements (and learn what its
doing internally)

I wanted to start with changing the for loops to range loops, and chose
PolygonizeGraph class as first C++ class where to do the changes.
but when I started doing that small change, I just couldn't stop myself
from using c++11 goodies on PolygonizeGraph.
Now the file does not look at all as the original (big smile)
java is not C++, so C++ does not need to look like java, now, in my
opinion, the code on PolygonizeGraph looks more like C++.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/compare/master...cvvergara:PolygonizeGraph

If you are curious, follow the sequence of commits to see more or less how
I work, because at the end all will be squashed, and no squashed does not
show the way I think when moving from one commit to the next.
also because at the end all commits are going to be squashed, I don't care
if the commit message makes sense or not.

I wish I could say that I am done with that class, but unfortunately its a
derived class, so when tackling the base class, this one will have changes.
I will try to work one class per weekend, (header and code + consequences)

see you on the chat :)

Vicky

--

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)