[geos-devel] PSC Vote Add Vicky Vergara as GEOS committer

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Jul 23 11:09:43 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 2:13 PM, Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> wrote:
> I wanted to start with changing the for loops to range loops, and chose
> PolygonizeGraph class as first C++ class where to do the changes.
> but when I started doing that small change, I just couldn't stop myself from
> using c++11 goodies on PolygonizeGraph.
> Now the file does not look at all as the original (big smile)
> java is not C++, so C++ does not need to look like java, now, in my opinion,
> the code on PolygonizeGraph looks more like C++.
>
> https://github.com/libgeos/geos/compare/master...cvvergara:PolygonizeGraph

As Sandro noted, the more we drift from the Java the more "fun"
porting changes will be.
WRT your branch, the mixture of formatting with actual changes makes
it hard to find the real work.
Also, you're imposing your syntactical style rather than matching it,
things like indentation, etc, etc.
I understand the mental place you're coming from doing that, I come
from that place too, but since everyone has different styles, can you
stick to real changes, and we can all agree (?) on a post-commit
formatter?
P.