[geos-devel] PSC Vote: Move GEOS github out of OSGeo org and Back on Its own Org

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 13 15:35:32 PDT 2018

As stated in my previous rant, I'd like to move

https://github.com/OSGeo/geos

https://github.com/libgeos

Per ticket I discovered travis is no longer enabled.

https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/883

This would serve a couple of purposes

1) If we use travis, we will not be eating up workers allocated for OSGeo
org.  As we learned from Even, each org can only have 5 unless they pay for
extra workers, which OSGeo has done to satisfy the current need.

2) php-geos and geos will be together , as they are in the main source repo
-
https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/geos/

and gitlab mirror

https://gitlab.com/geos

(Having GEOS orgs looking the same gives me some small modicum of peace)

+1 from me.