[geos-devel] GEOS 3.7.0alpha is released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 13 23:14:05 PDT 2018

The GEOS development team is pleased to release the 3.7.0alpha version.

Source download:  http://download.osgeo.org/geos/geos-3.7.0alpha.tar.bz2

The following changes are in place since the 3.6 major release

	- New things:
	  - CAPI: GEOSDistanceIndexed (#795, Dan Baston)
	  - CAPI: GEOSCoordSeq_isCCW (#870, Dan Baston)
	  - CAPI: GEOSGeom_getXMin, GEOSGeom_getXMax,
	          GEOSGeom_getYMin, GEOSGeom_getYMax (#871, Dan Baston)
	  - CAPI: GEOSFrechetDistance (#797, Shinichi SUGIYAMA)
	  - CAPI: GEOSReverse (#872, Dan Baston)
	- Improvements
	  - Interruptible snap operation (Paul Ramsey)
	- C++ API changes:
	  - Require defining USE_UNSTABLE_GEOS_CPP_API for use without
	    warnings.

Please test and report any issues.  We are planning to have GEOS 3.7.0 out
before September.
The more testing people do the quicker we can move to release.

Thanks,
GEOS Development Team