[geos-devel] Modify a linestring or prevent coordinatesequence ownership transfer

Tanguy Fardet fardet.tanguy at laposte.net
Thu May 24 00:36:57 PDT 2018

Dear GEOS developers,

I would like to know if there is a way, within the GEOS library, to
either 1) modify an existing LineString without copying the existing
points inside or 2) create a LineString from a CoordinateSequence
without having to clone the latter and without it being destroyed with
the LineString (i.e. how to not transfer ownership).

 From a quick look at the code, this does not seem possible, but I would
like to make sure it is indeed the case.

Basically I would like to store "growing lines" and check for
intersections between these lines and having to clone
CoordinateSequences every time makes things way too slow...

Best regards,
Tanguy Fardet