[geos-devel] PSC Vote release of GEOS 3.7.0alpha in 1-2 weeks

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu May 31 12:28:33 PDT 2018

I'd like to propose that we do an alpha release of GEOS 3.7.0alpha in about
1-2 weeks.

I know both Dan Baston and Even Rouault are working on things they'd like to
get in.  I'm okay with everything not in before alpha release, but read by
beta.

Part of the reason I want to do this is just to get the ball rolling.  This
will be the first release we do under Git and I'd like to have a couple
trial runs before final release.

So I'm envisioning

1) GEOS 3.7.0alpha (not feature complete) but at least a specific point in
time people can test against
2) GEOS 3.7.0beta1 (completely feature complete) say a week after alpha
release
3) GEOS 3.7.0rc1 (a month after beta 1)
4) GEOS 3.7.0 (released a little before expected PostGIS 2.5.0 release in
late Aug/Sept)

+1 from me.
Of course since I called it , it goes without saying, I'm happy to take on
the responsibility of doing the release.

Please other PSC people vote.

Thanks,
Regina