[geos-devel] XML Tests

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Nov 9 14:39:43 PST 2018

Couple notes from the world of the XML tester.
I merged Sandro's tinyxml2 change, which seems to work fine.
Running *all* the XML tests on OSX

./XMLTester `find . -name "*.xml" | xargs`

I find that four of the tests fail. Is this unique to me, or common to GEOS
on other platforms? It's possible the make check target does not include
the problematic tests, I haven't done that piece of set-intersection yet.

Speaking of set intersection, the set of tests in JTS differs from the set
in GEOS, and it's not just missing GEOS-specific tests. In some cases,
long-standing tests like TestCentroid.xml has more tests in JTS than in
GEOS. So am I right that an outstanding task is to pull the freshest JTS
tests into the GEOS suite?

Any light you can shed on my darkness will be appreciated!