[geos-devel] XML Tests

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:16:39 PST 2018

I get four test failures on Ubuntu 16.04 if I run the tests the way that
Paul is doing it. Paul's command gives four failures in 70 seconds, while
"make check" reports no failures in 7 seconds. Clearly, "make check" isn't
running all of the tests.

The autotools config relies on hardcoded lists of "SAFE_XMLTESTS" and
"FAILING_XMLTESTS" and only runs the "SAFE_XMLTESTS" as part of "make
check." If my counting is right, there are some test files that are neither
listed in SAFE_XMLTESTS nor FAILING_XMLTESTS and are also not run by the
autotools "make check".

The WIP CMake configuration, like Paul's command, uses globbing to find all
of the xml files, and it also fails.

Dan