[geos-devel] JTS equalsTopo()

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Nov 29 13:42:06 PST 2018

Hrm... so, it seems at some point there was a large retrofit to flip
equals() to equalsTopo(). I assume that's because (if I recall right)
equals() has some special meaning/uses in the Java world, and having it
with a different meaning made some things (maps, I think?) not work.

GEOS never made that flip, not having the same problem. On the one hand,
making the flip would potentially make future porting simpler (method names
would line up). On the other hand, it could be an error-prone and labour
intensive process... what's your feeling?