[geos-devel] C++ version, documentation and --std flags

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sat Oct 6 12:57:43 PDT 2018

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> What error are you getting?  When I try to build using autotools, it also fails too building the tests
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/913
>
> I assume your issue is different as on mine looks like it's just
> looking for a non-existent file on my system And also mixing C and C++
> constructions (like namespace)

My error is different.

The problem seems to be that libgeos.la does not specify -lstdc++ as a
dependency_lib, and the capi test is linked with cc, not c++, so that
standard C++ library isn't linked.

Changing to using c++ instead of cc on that test makes it link, but I'm
not clear on what's right.

A basic question is if we expect linking with the geos C library to be
doable in an invocation of the C compiler (as linker) that does not
include -lstdc++.  I would think so, but I need to look further into how
this is supposed to work.