[geos-devel] RFC 9: Restore C++ API as public API

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri May 17 14:10:54 PDT 2019

Regina,

The first and third statements in the second paragraph of your response is
false.
I have ever asked to "guarantee a stable C++ API at this point in time" or
at any point ever.
It's a fact.

The second statement in the second paragraph of your response is also false.
GEOS users can and do depend on the C++ API.
It's a fact.

The arguments you present show to me you're pursuing goals of a package
manager but not a programmer who wrote that code.
This brought incompatible toys in to the common sandbox.
You do not want to recognise it.

I'm not going to keep convincing you anymore.
I've run out of rational arguments.

Mateusz Loskot, mateusz at loskot.net
(Sent from mobile)

P. S. There is really no need for the epithets