[geos-devel] [GEOS] #1015: Update geos-config tool for consistency

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Feb 18 11:15:26 PST 2020

Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> writes:

> Pkg config is wonderous but still far from universal

Interesting.  As a packager, I see a vast number of things using it, and
thus a system where it isn't available as a build dependency would seem
very difficult to deal with in general.  I would not have suggested it
if I thought anyplace would have trouble with that (except that I don't
pay attention to Windows at all).

On my desktop there are 557 .pc files installed from pkgsrc, 9 from the
base system, and 127 from pkgsrc.  Geo-examples include proj, gdal and
spatialite.