[geos-devel] OverlayNG Port

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jul 16 12:37:15 PDT 2020

Hey all,
I wanted to update you, as things have progressed.
98% of the port is complete, I have a few more classes to do, and should be
ready to merge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Jk5cNuYdxPPA9fXIxCreRJNlkQZjc2KdYaX-odW8So/edit#gid=0

The merge will add all the new classes and associated test cases, but will
not change user-facing functionality yet, as neither the CAPI nor the
default methods on Geometry have been hooked up to the new overlay.
The changes to hook up and expose the new behaviour will then proceed on a
new branch.
The new behaviour will be added behind a compile-time switch. It will
initially default to old but my goal will be to get enough testing that new
can be the default setting before the next release.
ATB,