[geos-devel] OverlayNG for Testing

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:30:40 PDT 2020

> What are people's thoughts on this?  It is probably possible to build in
> the old behaviour (with a bit of coding effort), and make it the default
> path.  But I think the new behaviour is preferable and more sensible.

This behavior seems confusing to me, and I'm struggling to tell if it's
just because I'm used to the old behavior. But it did occur to me that this
introduces an inconsistency between the predicates and overlay functions
wherein A and B may intersect at a point outside the intersection of A and
B.

It's also easy enough for a user to remove the unwanted components of the
result but quite difficult to generate lower-dimension components that were
not included in the result.

Dan