[geos-devel] OverlayNG as Default

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Nov 3 14:45:17 PST 2020

The switch has been flipped.
If you build GEOS without any options, you will get the OverlayNG engine
backing the standard geometry functions.

geom->union()
geom->intersection()
geom->symdifference()
geom->difference()
geom->unaryunion()

The unit and XML tests that differed from the old engine have been updated
to match the new NG outputs. That means if you use the --disable-overlayng
option in autotools or the DISABLE_OVERLAYNG option in cmake, not all tests
will pass anymore. NG is the new normal.

P.