[geos-devel] 3.9.0beta1 + GEOSwift

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 10:53:22 PST 2020

Agreed about the need to handle each dimension of the input separately.
Polygonal elements need to be reduced in a topologically correct way using
OverlayNG PrecisionReducer, and other dimensions can just be reduced in
pointwise fashion.

I intended this logic to go into GeometryPrecisionReducer, rather than
OverlayNG PrecisionReducer, since that preserves the existing API.  I see
now that the logic there is not complete - it handles Polygonal geometries,
but not collections containing Polygonal geometry.  I'll ticket that for
fixing in JTS.