[geos-devel] Is Overlay-NG active?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Oct 15 12:45:48 PDT 2020

I share your concern about niche architectures. We are running ARM64 in CI now. We have no access to an easy bigendian platform to test on. I tried Travis S390 for a while, but the CI itself was very unreliable on that platform, frequent timeouts made it hard to keep in the test matrix, so I dropped it. Access to a big-endian machine with a modern build chain would be handy for occasional manual test runs, and of course debugging. "It don't work" is so nonactionable, and with the only access to alternative architectures being CI sometimes, it's hard to fix problems that do arise (see the litany of weird MIPS failures that Debian reports)

P.